Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Once a cheater, always a cheater?

Everyone's heard the "once a cheater, always a cheater", but does everyone believe in it?

I have to say that I have cheated on two boyfriends before. One knows I did and the other has no clue. So when my husband and I started to date, I told him that I had cheated before (some would say that wasn't smart, but I can't lie to him), and of course I worried that he'd think that "if she cheated on other guys, she'll cheat on me." But I think that you learn from your mistakes.

The first person I cheated on, he wasn't in love with me and I was in love with him, and I thought that if i went out with other guys, then I'd find someone who did love me. Needless to say, when I cheated, I felt horribly guilty and made me realize how much I loved him.

I would never cheat on my husband now, because I learned after I cheated, that I would never want someone to do it to me.

So is it that I got mature? or just kinda "learned my lesson?" who knows. But I do know some people who are older then I am (i'm only 26), and who are still cheating on their gfs, or just started.

But I do have to say, that if someone I was with had cheated, or had cheated on someone to be with me, I'd be worried about them doing the same thing to me. Call me a hypocrite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it all depends on the person. I know some people that have cheated over and over again. But I also know a couple people that cheated and are now with the person that they cheated with and never did it again. So I am 50/50 on this. I myself cheated once, felt horrible and never did it again. But my bf at the time cheated on me 6 or 7 times (that i know of) but I didnt find out untill after we broke up.

Anonymous said...

Once had a chubby dominant woman who could actually make me behave. She was capable of blackmailing me and kept me in check. Never cheated on my wife while she controlled me. She was real fond of whales also.